Monday, April 24, 2006

Pilates' dream




Pilate dreams, in fact he’s got a nightmare. He sees what will happen with Jesus and his role of hangman that he doesn’t want to be. He knows that Jesus is innocent but he gets rid of this situation. Perhaps he doesn’t want to lose his political position. Corrupt politician at the end.
The change of acting of the people scares me too, at first they ask that Jesus must be damned and then they blame Pilates.
The character is strong and weak at the same time and the expressivity used by the actor makes the nightmare something so real.

As a matter of fact, in the New Testament says:
MATEO 27.19
“When he was set down on the judgment seat, his wife sent unto him, saying. Have thou nothing to do with that just man: for I have suffered many things this day in a dream because of him.”
It isn't Pilates' nightmare, it's his wife's.

Agustin.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Del Valle students:

Maybe my English isn't very good but I want to tell you that Pilate convinced me too .
He looks really worried and I agree with you:he's protecting himself from Roman people or Priests.

Good work! I like your blog

Greg

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Lucila said...

I believe that Pilate was a coward.
He hadn't any power. Jesus said that. But I think that Pilate didn't understand it and he only looked for his benefit.
For me, there is more than one Judas in this story ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home